Tuesday, November 30, 2010

NaBloPoMo: check!

I did it!  I had heard of this thing called NaBloPoMo, or National Blog Posting Month, but I had never had the slightest inclination to try it until this year.  The basic idea is that you blog every day in November.  I wasn't sure if I could really do it, but, on November first, I put up a post just in case I followed through...and then I've managed to post every day since then.  I'm really proud of doing it, and proud of writing more substantially than I thought I could every day. 

This blog generally has been an incredible outlet for me, as I've always loved to write but could never find anything I really wanted to write about.  It turns out that I love writing about my family and the crazy adventures of having small kids, and I've been motivated to do it for the last four years.  I've averaged about a post every three days or so for all that time, and this month I did a lot more than that! 

It's pretty crazy to look over at the bookshelf and see the three bound books of the three first years of our blog so far, and to think that another book will be joining them as soon as this year ends.  This month has shown me that I can blog more frequently than I thought I could, and that I have enough to say to blog every day if I want to. 

I wonder if this will have any effect on my normal blogging rhythms, or if I'll just go back to what I was doing before.  I guess only time will tell!  However, I'm just as superstitious as my brother, so I didn't want to say anything about it until I actually finished it.  Now that I have, yahoo!

6 comments:

Megan said...

Nice work! You make it look so easy. :)

Edlyn Smith said...

Nice job!

Galen said...

It must be generic. ;)

Galen said...

Er, genetic. I meant genetic. This is a very unique blog. That's probably redundant.


I'll just show myself out.

Edlyn Smith said...

I'm confused - what's genetic? The uniqueness of the blog?

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

Way to go. I've always thought it was too ambitious.