Monday, November 29, 2010

22 weeks

Here's the lovely lady at just over 22 weeks.  Over halfway through!


Drizzle is growing happily in there and, as Sacha has already said, is a pretty active little one.   I feel her sometimes at night, but Sacha feels her rolling around and kicking in there several times a day, which is apparently much more than Tali ever moved.  It will be interesting to see what Drizzle's personality will be like!  Mateo was a big mover and shaker in utero - it was rare that he went more than ten or fifteen minutes without moving, and it often looked like he was stirring up a tornado in my belly...and he went on to become The Baby Who Wouldn't Sleep.  Let's hope Drizzle takes more after her sister that way!


Also, just wanted to mention that we had a lovely time seeing my friend, Annie, from college today for lunch.  She's visiting Portland and happened to be staying right nearby, so the kids and I went over in the swagger wagon to pick her up.   It's pretty amazing to think that anyone I still know from college, all of whom I met during freshman year, I've known for 15 years.  Wow, that makes me feel old.  Anyway, we had a great time catching up and are hoping for a few more Portland visits over the next couple of years. 

Finally, I just have to pat myself on the back for actually getting some Christmas lights up in our front yard!  We tried to put some on the house last year, but it looked a bit funny because we have asbestos siding and couldn't use nails, so, like the true lesbians we are, we used duct tape.  Never again.  This year, we decided to just light the plants in our yard, because we have so many.  I got some of the woven lights that you can put over bushes and then I also wired our random palm tree that sits right in the middle of our front yard.  It was planted there by the house's previous owners, who clearly had no idea what kind of climate they were dealing with, but it seems to survive every year.  All this is to say that it looks so bright and holidayish out there and it makes me happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful, Sacha! You have that pregnancy glow!! :)

Annie said...

Thanks so much for a wonderful lunch and visit! What a treat to see you and the kids! And yes, being friends with someone for 15 years makes me feel old, too! A good kind of old, though. Hope to see you in Portland again in the near future. Next time I'd love to see Sacha and the baby who, once born, will be The-Baby-Formerly-Known-as-Drizzle