We're back, after a long day that involved a fun Bay Area morning (kids playing at my parents' house, me going for a run, Sacha going for a walk, all of us driving up to the steam trains in Tilden Park) and then everything involved in getting two young children through an airport, saying goodbye to my parents, getting on the airplane, through the plane ride, off the plane, through the airport, and into the car and home. Whew.
The kids were actually really good, but Sacha and I were both ready to pull out our hair by the time we got home anyway. We were both really at the ends of our ropes, for no particular reason. The kids were definitely testing some limits, but it was nothing major. Nonetheless, they had some extremely grouchy mamas on their hands once we got back! Luckily, and with many thanks to Apa for picking us up, we got home right around bedtime and got the kids down and trip stuff put away without any major meltdowns from anyone, including Mommy or Mama.
I'm exhausted. Can't believe the week is starting again tomorrow! It was a fun trip, though. Poor Mateo was already lamenting the loss of his favorite stuffed animals from Grammy and Grandpa's house. I wish it were easier to visit both sets of grandparents more often! And, on that note, I'm going to bed. In my own bed. Ahhhh. Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment