Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Kicks

(Sacha's thoughts on 20 weeks of pregnancy)

Well, I never really expected to be pregnant a second time! Really, that was the last thing I ever thought would happen. (Enough of a that-will-never-happen that we got rid of most of my work maternity clothes. . .) And yet, here we are with me pregnant. So I guess I really should have never said never.

This time is different for me, and yet the same. What all has been the same? The afternoon sickness which has gone long after the beginning of the second trimester is the same. Thank heavens for the anti-nausea medicine. The tiredness is also the same. I think Alayna is just way more used to all of the things she does around the house, and isn't as stressed out by how tired I am. I really don't know how she does it every day. (Thank you!)

One thing that has been really different, in a nice way, is that Drizzle kicks way more. With Natalia, I would go to work and come home and at the end of the day Alayna would sometimes ask me if she had kicked. I wouldn't know. Drizzle, though, really likes to rock and roll. In the mornings (though this is going to change, because my schedule has just been readjusted by my principal), when I teach literacy, I normally sit down with a small group. During that, she almost always makes a bit of an appearance. She also likes it when Alayna or the kids talk to her, and also likes to kick when I go to bed. It's reassuring to feel her a few different times throughout the day.

No comments: