These are all related, I promise:
1. Sacha and I are latecomers to TV shows and have recently become addicted to Glee, thanks to Apa, who was watching the Power of Madonna show once when we came back from date night.
2. We thought this quote from one of the Season 1 episodes, where the teenage dad (except he isn't, as it turns out) is trying to think of a name for his girlfriend's baby: "I figured we should name our kid something more original and poetic. Then I came up with the best baby name of all time: Drizzle!"
3. I love pet names and I have about a million nicknames for both of our kids.
4. We have been trying to come up with a nickname for baby #3 other than just referring to him/her as baby #3 or The Baby. We can't tell the kids the baby's real name this time, because they would just tell everyone we know. You can probably see where this is going...
5. Mateo and Natalia and I were out on a walk recently and I had them in our single stroller. I put one of them in the front seat and sit the other on the cupholder on top, sort of like one would do in a grocery cart. (This part of the stroller is surprisingly strong and it works like a charm, especially because our real double stroller is on the verge of losing a wheel). Anyway, I had Mateo up there while Tali sat in front and we were chatting about the new baby. I asked him what I thought we should name the baby, and it turns out that he must have heard Sacha and I talking about how funny the name Drizzle was, because he immediately suggested Drizzle. I laughed, but then I told Sacha later and we were like, hmmm...potential nickname?
5. Yes, that's right. Baby #3 will henceforth be known as Drizzle. We love it and we get a good giggle every time we say it. Of course, you know, we're laughing with baby Drizzle, not at him or her! It seems rather apropos, considering where we live. And, little Drizzle will have a real and proper name once s/he is born.
6. In the meantime, stay tuned for tomorrow night, when Drizzle's sex will be revealed!
3 comments:
Can't wait! I'm thinking Drizzle is a boy but there's a 50% chance that I'm wrong. I'll be tuning in tomorrow to find out...So exciting!
Reminds me of Snoop Dogg. Fo Shizzle, ma drizzle. :)
Erin, that is hilarious! We were cracking up when we read that.
Post a Comment