Sunday, April 13, 2008

Quieres ir al parque?

We've had a lovely weekend full of sun and hikes and meals with friends and lots of playtime with Mateo (who, by the way, appears to have fully returned to membership in the mama's milk fan club!). After a brunch with our friend/doula and chatting about and practicing for the birth of #2, M and I headed for the park. Sacha was exhausted and the kiddo was antsy and needed some playtime.

It was a beautiful day and we just played and played and played. He has, for some reason, decided that snack time at the park happens on one of the benches. He will climb up and request his snack. The funny thing is that we never really bring snacks to the park. Then, one day last week, I brought a fruit bar with us and just happened to feed it to him while we were sitting on the bench. I think the novelty combined with his obsession (and I do mean obsession) with fruit bars to imprint it permanently on his memory.

So, today we had some cheerios on the bench and then set out to play. We partied on the play structure and then had a great time exploring the beautiful, beautiful flowers nearby. One thing I love about our little guy is that he loves flowers and trees equally with trucks and diggers. People tell us all the time that girls and boys are sooo different, but I look at M and I just see a kid exploring his world and all the things in it. We're so glad to be along for the ride!

Here are some photos I took today.

Climbing the stairs:



His favorite pre-slide pose (he always manages to come down on one side or the other!):



Picking some clover:



Move on, folks, nothing to see here:



Getting a little tired (notice the flowers still clutched in his hot little hands):

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such precious pictures! Glad you all had a great weekend.

Wendy and Karen said...

These pictures are so lovely!

(PS--I love his shoes.)

Wendy and Karen said...

Also, love the Spanish title. I plan on saying this to myself all day.

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

Those are beautiful pictures of him in the park!