So. . . my round in the hiring process has officially started. I thought I would give an update for how things are going.
Two weeks ago the principal and vice-principal pulled me into an office to let me know that they had found a position for me!! Yah. Teaching first grade :( immersion (ok) full-time (what?)! I informed them that according to my contract, I should be offered a half-time job for next year and that I really wasn't interested in a full-time job and would not like to be considered for this particular job.
Fast forward a week.
I get a call from the head of HR for the whole district who lets me know that they have found a position for me. You guessed it, teaching full-time, immersion, first grade.
Why do I feel like there is a communication problem between HR and my building?
Since I had HR on the phone (I had been playing phone tag with them. . . a one way phone tag. I tag, no response, I tag, no response), I decided to ask some questions. That person, in turn asked me some question. So, had I turned in my preferences sheet for next year. Preferences sheet? What is that? You know, the form you received with your unassignment letter. Unassignment letter? No, I never received an unassignment letter. Well, they needed my preferences sheet now.
So the principal had forgotten to give me my letter, and had never even heard of the preference sheet. I did some searching and found it online and faxed it into HR and gave it to the school.
You would think that now the district and principal are clear on one thing - I would like to work half-time next year, which is what I am supposed to do according to my contract.
But, NO, today, once again, the principal wants to know if I would like a full-time position. AHHHH.
I'll let you know when I get a real placement!
1 comment:
Oh Sacha, just reading this makes me feel frustrated! It sounds like your principal (and your HR dept.) are totally unclear on the concept... I will keep my fingers crossed that your ideal job turns up. You deserve it after having to deal with these idiots!
Post a Comment