Tuesday, April 15, 2008

One plus one

M and I spent this morning hanging out with one of his little friends, who is almost two and a half. This little guy's mama had to work this morning and I have a meeting to go to tomorrow morning, so we agreed to swap a few hours of childcare. Also, since we'll have two kids soon and they're working on their second, it seemed like it would be good practice for the future.

After three hours of two toddlers, all I can say is whew! I am exhausted. It doesn't help that I'm still coughing and coughing and trying to get better from this cold. But, wow, is it ever a lot more work!

I am proud of myself, though, because the three of us did lots of fun stuff together. After hanging out in the house for a bit, we got M into his Ergo and his friend into his stroller and we went out for an adventure. We walked down to the big street at the heart of our neighborhood and watched a crane helping build a new building of condos. It made quite an impression on Mateo, who walked up to his teacher at music class a few hours later, in the middle of a song, and announced "Walk, crane!!" quite proudly.

Then, we loaded up again and went to the park on the way home. There was a guy there mowing the lawn with a huge riding lawnmower, which also made quite the impression on both kids. I had them both in the swings and they were happy to just gape at the huge lawn mower as it made its rounds. "Wah mowah!" said Mateo to Mommy, when we all got home after music class.

We all made it back to the other little guy's house and I even managed to read him a book with Mateo conked out in the Ergo. I felt like, even if I was exhausted, that I did pretty well and that I'm sure that kind of thing will be second nature before too long.

Also, I wanted to mention that Sacha got off of work early today and got to come to music with us! This was her first time and Mateo and I both enjoyed having her there. He had a grand old time and just seems to love his new teacher.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: