Monday, April 7, 2008

One big hacky family

Thanks for the nice comments on my last post! It made me feel better to read what you all had to say. I always knew it would be very bittersweet to think about weaning and it turns out that it is! M did nurse today a couple of times during his naps, both when he was already asleep. He does this fairly frequently (ie, falls asleep in the car, I bring him in and give him milk before putting him in his crib) so at least that part of our routine is the same, for now. And, now I feel like I've had a chance to have a few last times of breastfeeding him at home, if we are heading towards weaning.

We are quite the group over here. All three of us have the same nasty cold and we are hacking away to beat the band. Sacha and I are quite hoarse and poor little M is, too. He's been miserable, we've been miserable...but at least we all know how the other ones feel!

In addition to that, our little guy managed to burn himself today for the first time. We have a tiny space heater that we use in our bathroom and he somehow backed into it after his bath. He cried but we didn't realize why at the time...and it was only after his nap that we noticed something on the back of his leg. Closer examination revealed that it was a burn in the pattern of the space heater grill. We both just feel awful about it. I really don't think there was anything we could have done, because he knows to stay away from the space heater and only backed into it by accident....but still, we feel terrible. Luckily, it doesn't seem to be bothering him too much and we got some burn bandages to put on it and it's already looking better.

What a day! Here's hoping tomorrow's a little better (and involves less coughing)...

No comments: