Saturday, April 26, 2008

Family fun

Mateo had a day of crazy excitement yesterday. He was having so much fun, it seemed at times that he might actually explode. The day started off with my sainted mother taking him in the morning so I could sleep in. I slept until 8! That was really nice. And they had a lot of fun together. Then, we all spent the morning hanging out around the house and playing.

We also went next door to meet the neighbor's dog. The dog was a hit, but the best thing was right afterward, when we were standing out on the neighbor's driveway. I looked down the road to see what was coming and there was a fire truck! It appeared to just be driving around. Mateo LOVED it and all the firemen waved at him as they went by. He also got to see a garbage truck earlier on that tooted its horn at him.

After a nice nap and lunch, Uncle Galen arrived. Mateo has been looking at pictures of him for the last couple of weeks and saying "umple Galen, umple Galen!", so it was very exciting when he actually arrived. And then, my dad got home and Auntie Edlyn came in from the airport. M spent the rest of the evening bouncing from relative to relative and playing and playing and playing.

This morning, however, he's acting a little off. He's been incredibly clingy and I thought he felt a little warm when I got up (after sleeping in again - thanks Mom!). And, he went down before 10 am for his nap, which is not normal for him. Sleeping a lot is usually a sign that he's sick...but he could also just be tired and a bit overwhelmed at all the new stuff and exciting people. I guess we'll see how he's doing when he gets up from his nap...

No comments: