We just got word that our potential buyers are thinking of pulling out over the foundation issue. Apparently, part of our foundation is made of hollow bricks and part of concrete, and this has them spooked. They have the option of having the foundation itself inspected by a structural engineer, so we are hoping they will do that. However, it sounds like this whole thing has unsettled them (pun intended!) to the point that they are questioning whether or not to continue.
We are so frustrated! How is it that we can have had three offers and yet no real progress? I guess it's good that there has been so much interest, but this is getting old really fast.
In any case, we are making plans to move to the new house in December. Regardless of whether the house sells or not, it's time for us to get settled into our new place. Also, living in the old house with three small children and also keeping it in shape for showings is next to impossible. I think it will be a big relief for all of us to be in the new house.
In the meantime, I guess we'll just take it one step at a time. We're hoping that the buyers will at least consent to a foundation inspection, which we think will clear up their worries. After all, the foundation has worked for over 100 years just the way it is.
3 comments:
Oh no! I'm so sorry to read this. I hope they get the engineer's opinion. I know when I was in their position over the foundation on my house, I felt so much better after I had an engineer's sign-off.
Continuing to cross fingers.
Oh no! How incredibly frustrating! I hope these folks still come through
Oh that's hard! Sending you my best prayers and wishes.
Post a Comment