Sunday, November 13, 2011

Home

Mateo and I are home now, just recently off the plane.  We had a lovely end to our California weekend, complete with a visit to the steam trains in Tilden Park right before we went to the airport.  I was surprised to find traveling with one kid to be only marginally less exhausting than traveling with several!   He had been pretty calm on the trip down there, but on the way back he was full of wiggles and couldn't seem to understand the concept of giving other people personal space.  He did pretty well while we were actually on the plane, which was very welcome and for which I give all credit to the iPad, but was rather trying during most of the rest of the trip. 

Anyway, we're home now and happy to be here, although sad to have left my parents.  While we were gone, Sacha's parents were in town for a dancing event, so we had a weekend full of parents/grandparents! 

I'll leave you with two things I learned while traveling this weekend.  The first is that Tali has evolved into someone that you can have a phone conversation with.  It may not be a long conversation, but the possibility is there.  It's very cool!  The second is that Mateo, for some reason, takes on a Southern drawl when conversing with strangers in airports.  "Ah'm faaave," he would say to one of the many people we encountered, "ahhhnd ma birthday is aaahhn Halloween and ah dressed up as an aaahnt."  Hilarious.  Perplexing, but hilarious! 

I think it's an 8 pm bedtime sort of a night.  Good night!

No comments: