Monday, June 16, 2008

Non- stress test

The test went just fine, but who ever thought of calling a test a non-stress test? And who exactly is the non-stress test not supposed to be stressful for? We went in today for the 41 weeks and 1 day test. (They originally wanted the test on 41 weeks, but that would be a Sunday.) They were going to see how the baby's heart beat is doing, and a bio-physical profile. . .

So, the technician started by looking at the fluid level and I totally freaked out, because I couldn't see the heart beat. Neither Alayna nor the tech had any problem seeing the heart beat, but I didn't see it at first, and I was already a bit anxious, and that just was too much for me. But, then, we saw it, although our little girl seemed to be asleep.

I know, I know, she seems to be a night owl. She likes to sleep in the mornings and does her dancing around 9pm, every single night. None the less, I (and Alayna and the tech) wanted to see her moving. The tech gave me two bottles of cold cranberry juice, which I downed, and then put me on the non-stress test for a 20 minute heart beat, contraction check.

She passed with flying colors and did start jumping around after I drank the juice. No contractions, but with this cold that I am getting over, that is probably good.

Cheri came up last night (and that does have us all feeling much less stressed), and she played Mateo while we went to the test. Thank you a million times!

On the Mateo front, his new thing is that he can say the alphabet. Go little one! He just never fails to amaze me.

----------------------

Here are some pictures from 41 weeks:

Mateo falling asleep after a nice bath.


Barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen! (Who could resist roasting some lovely roots!)


Enjoying the weather with Alayna and then with Cheri.


1 comment:

The Lone Coyote said...

From what I recall from my L&D month they call it "non-stress" because they don't administer oxytocin to induce contractions. But I am sure it is not fun for all parties.