Friday, June 13, 2008

Wash, wash, baby (but no baby yet)

We got our new washer today! After a rather drawn out waiting period, it finally arrived at the factory and then made it onto the delivery truck today. The delivery guys seemed mystified by how to turn off the water in our house, and suggested that they just leave the washer and we should call a plumber and have them install it, but after I turned off the water for them, they did manage to get it hooked up. I get that they weren't plumbers, but how hard is it to just turn off the main water connection?

Anyway, it is here and it is gorgeous. We're going to run our first load tomorrow! Thanks again to everyone who made it possible :)


Also, in Sacha news, she has managed to come down with a cold. Can you believe that?? She says it's not surprising, because she's never in her life finished teaching a school year without getting sick...but I think it's just colossally unfair. A cold at almost 41 weeks pregnant. SO not fair. She's been resting and taking vitamins and hoping that it will go away soon. Ideally, that would be before the baby comes.

We feel like we've been sending poor #2 mixed messages. Come now! No, wait. Mama's sick. Ok, come now! No, wait. Mommy's sick. Hopefully we can get more consistent once Sacha gets better.

On that note, we're going to bed. Happy Friday the 13th!

3 comments:

Briar said...

Oh no! Poor Sacha!! I hope she feels better soon-- and that #2 stays put until then (mixed messages or not!). :)

The Lone Coyote said...

Wow, we'll send good cold healing vibes and timely delivery vibes your way. Feel better :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the new dryer. It looks lovely.

And best wishes to Sacha as she recovers (quickly, I hope!) from her cold.