Then, I ended up on the couch, because Alayna was sleeping so peacefully, but I was a jumping bean from all of my restless legs. Our cat Lucy, though, thought my feet were just the perfect thing to attack. They moved all over the place, just like a mouse? She couldn't resist, and I don't think that improved things.
Around midnight, I decided to try going back to bed (still not asleep) and listened to another guided sleep meditation that I have, after some stretching. I decided if I didn't fall asleep after that 30 minute meditation, I was going to take a bath.
I did fall asleep, and 30 minutes later, Mateo woke up! Ahhhh. Finally, I slept well from 1am till 3am, and then got another nice bit of sleep in the morning because Alayna took him to the park at 6:15am.
At 9:30am, I went to get some acupuncture. I had been getting induction acupuncture, but with my cold, asked for immune support today. Well, I started having menstrual like cramps immediately after she put some needles in! They were not bad, but they lasted on and off for about five hours, and were coming about every 3-5 minutes, but sometimes faster. Mostly, they were lasting around 30 seconds.
Following the Bradley method's advice for figuring out if you're in real labor, over the next few hours I took a walk, had something to drink, had some food and took a nap. I forgot about the taking a shower or bath thing. On my second nap, they went away, so no labor yet, but my body does appear to be gearing up!
---------------------------
Thank you Katie and Ashlee!
While I was taking my second nap of the day, our wonderful and amazing friends Katie and Ashlee came over to hang out and help in the yard. They did the most amazing job ever and we are so grateful! Here are some after pictures of our back yard. They are just so great with Mateo and it was wonderful to catch up with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment