Sacha had her 40 week appointment today and Mateo and I came along, as we always do. Baby is looking great and has plenty of fluid. Our nurse practitioner is awesome. I told her how I keep getting worried about the baby having cord problems when she comes out (Sacha made the mistake of showing me a birth horror story online that I haven't been able to forget about) and the NP did a quickie ultrasound to make sure everything was ok and check the fluid levels. Everything looks good and I feel much better now!
Not too much has changed in terms of dilation or effacement - the cervix is still soft and possibly a little shorter, but that's about it. If Sacha's still pregnant by next Monday, she'll have a non-stress test and a biophysical profile of the baby (basically an ultrasound to make sure all is well), and then if she's still pregnant a week after that, then we'll probably do an induction right at 42 weeks. However, we all hope we'll have our baby way before that. Sacha was feeling a little discouraged after the appointment, but she seems to have bounced back. As her activity director, I have now scheduled a soak in our hot tub and an early bedtime!
(Sacha: And as her faithful participator, I, of course, will follow the activity schedule to a tee! My only question is can a cruise ship fit in a hot tub?)
No comments:
Post a Comment