Friday, June 20, 2008

41 weeks, 5 days

Here we are at Friday, with the baby still in the belly. Sacha just said "tick tock, tick tock goes the clock" and I think that just about sums up how we are feeling.

After having some strong contractions that woke her up last night but went away this morning, there has been nothing on the labor front. This kid is just ridiculously happy in there! I think she might challenge my record of being born 17 days late (sorry, Mom!) if we let her...but thankfully for all of us, that won't be happening.

So, we are barreling towards checking into the hospital tomorrow night and induction on Sunday. We're both hoping that, #1, she will still go into labor on her own, and, #2, that the prostaglandin gel they'll administer on Saturday night will kick her into labor and she won't have to go the pitocin route.

Thanks for all your good thoughts! Sacha and I (and Mateo and baby #2) really appreciate all the love being sent this way.

No comments: