Tuesday, June 17, 2008

41 weeks, 2 days

Ok, I am going nuts with the waiting. I'm sure I'll be over it in a few hours, but I am going crazy and I'm not even the pregnant one! Luckily, Sacha is in a fairly zen mood, so we balance each other out.

She had an appointment this morning and we found out that her cervix is about 1 cm dilated, so that's something! Baby is looking good. She's actually been very active today. And so we continue on.

Sacha just looked at this post from some person's blog that indicates that taking fish oil can cause a longer gestation. She has been religiously taking fish oil for months...so maybe she will stop for a few days just to see what happens.

Also, she has broken out the breast pump and is planning on eating a spicy dinner tonight. Very spicy. I know we just need to wait and it will happen when it happens, but it's nice to feel like we're at least doing something.

A big thank you again to my mom, who not only watched Mateo while we were at the doctor's appointment (he's getting very good at saying "Mommy doctor's appointment!") but also folded all our laundry, bought us bagels, went to the store, and then took us out to lunch. We love you!

1 comment:

*G* said...

Wow, she'll be here very soon - Good luck, moms!