Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Senses

Sight:
We went to see The King's Speech tonight, courtesy of Apa and our regular date night.  We went out to dinner first and had a perfectly lovely time chatting, and then got to watch a really great movie.  It was one of the best I've seen in a long time.  I hope it wins lots of awards!  All the work the main character had to go through to speak clearly made me think of the five senses, so I thought I'd post a quick snapshot of the five senses in our house right now.

Hearing:
Sacha and I were debating earlier how Drizzle would react to the movie, because Mateo used to go nuts at movies in utero.  We thought/think it was because of the very loud sounds all around.  I forgot to ask her afterwards, but we did talk about how Drizzle responds to voices.  She often kicks when one of us, especially me or Mateo, puts our mouths right up to Sacha's belly and says hi.  It's so cute and makes me want to meet her EVEN THAT MUCH MORE.  Patience is a virtue, right?

Taste:
Thanks to the confluence of miraculous events, we had two dates in one day!  Before our regular date night, Megan came over to hang with the kids and Sacha and I went out for coffee.  It was positively luxurious.  We had (me) a hot chocolate and a chocolate chip cookie and (her) a decaf mocha and a chocolate almond croissant.  YUM.

Touch:
Of course, the kids are all over us all the time, so we've got the sense of touch covered, but they are exploring it recently with their stuffed animals.  Specifically, both of them like to stuff stuffed animals in their shirts and pretend to have babies in their bellies.  These "babies" even kick, if one is so brave as to touch them.  Earlier, we were looking at a house and Natalia took her baby out of her jacket and helped it walk up the stairs.  Cutest thing ever.   Well, that and when the kids actually get to feel their real baby sister kick inside Mommy's belly.  That is even cuter.

Smell:
I can't smell a thing.  My nose is stuffed up and my voice is slowly making its way back from the brink of laryngitis.  In the interest of avoiding another horrible sinus infection like I had last year, I'm about to Afrin my nose, so I suppose my sense of smell will return soon, too.

That's all I got tonight, folks.  Good night!

No comments: