Wow - I only have six more weeks of school to teach. I feel like I am really in the swing of things at school. Sometimes I think that there is not enough time - only six more weeks? How will I get everything done that I want to do. Other times of the day I'm thinking . . . six weeks? How am I going to do that?
Thankfully, two other teachers in my hallway help me up with taking my class to recess and lunch. Otherwise, it is going down a ton of stairs and up a ton more. That gives me Braxton Hicks contractions. I know they are supposed to be painless, but they are uncomfortable.
My class seems oblivious to the fact that I am pregnant. Most of the time they are in their own little worlds. Every once in a while I will get a question from a student. Are you having a boy or a girl? Do you have a husband? (Only asked once this year, unlike last year.)
Before this school, I think I've mostly been out at work. The students definitely knew at my last school. With the population I work with, and the culture of the school, I don't feel comfortable being very out at school. At the same time, Alayna comes and visits with the kids. When students ask, I say this is my family. I do have a few pictures of all of us in the classroom. Most of the students have no clue. Last year there were students and parents who knew, but this year that does not appear to be the case. If kids ask if I have a husband, I say no, you've met my family. All of the adults at the school know, and there are other people on staff who are not straight. No one, though, is out to the students.
On the home front, I've been enjoying spending time with the kids. I have more energy now than I did in either the first or second trimester. We will see how long that lasts! I've been feeling much better since the beginning of January. It is just nice to feel a bit more like myself, and not like a walking zombie all of the time.
I know I should enjoy the sensation, because I'll be back in zombie land soon. The lack of sleep with number three should put me there in no time. At least Mateo and Natalia are both sleeping through the night. Mateo was still getting up when Natalia was born. . . so I am really appreciating how much sleep we are getting these days.
The morning book seems to continue to work for Mateo. For whatever reason, we mostly read non-fiction in the morning. Alayna normally starts the book (while she lets me sleep a bit more!!!) and then I sometimes finish the book. The library has a great collection of bilingual beginning fact books. Tomorrow, we are reading one on Tiberones - Sharks!
Well, it is almost 8pm. I am going to go to bed soon. I might actually fall asleep before one of the kids. Natalia is chattering away in their room as I type.
No comments:
Post a Comment