Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Freeway

So, we supposedly have a massive storm headed our way, which will supposedly contain lots of snow.  I'll believe it when I see it.  Nonetheless, when the sun peaked out this afternoon, I knew we had to get outside and take advantage of it.  Neither kid wanted to go to the park, shockingly, but both wanted to go up over the freeway to look at the cars. 

We've never done this as a destination, but have been over the freeway overcrossing (for pedestrians and bikes) many times on the way to the doctor's office or the farmer's market.   Today, we just went for fun.   The kids just stared and stared at the traffic, although they didn't last long.  I'd say we were up there for about 5 minutes before they were ready to go.  I attribute that to either little kids' attention spans or the fumes from all that exhaust!


In the next photo, you can also see their current favorite arrangement in our stroller.  We do have a great double stroller, but the pushing and whining that ensues when we use it is not pleasant.  In the single stroller, tiny Tali (who recently weighed in around 23 pounds) fits perfectly in the basket underneath and loves nothing better than to ride down there.  I know you're probably not supposed to use the stroller in this way, but it seems safe to me and it's working for us so far.  I think I've put groceries in there that have weighed more than our petite girl, so I think it's all good.  Mateo gets his coveted front seat and Talia gets her cozy bottom perch. 


 All in all, they both got to check out fun cars and trucks and I got a nice walk out of the whole thing, so we all had a good time. 

Then, we got home to find out that Sacha's hemorrhoid issues have flared up again, so she came home right after school today and will be home tomorrow, too.  Poor baby.  She has really had a rough time this pregnancy.  Here's hoping that some R and R tomorrow will do her some good.  She's not supposed to start maternity leave for another four weeks, but we'll see if she makes it that long.  Healing thoughts and such would be much appreciated!

1 comment:

EPatterson26 said...

Hello-

I was wondering if you accept guest posts? I have an article/event that I would like to submit in regards to childhood obesity. It is about dancing and how it can be a fun way for kids to exercise. Primrose Schools is hosting a Dance Off competition (with proceeds going the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals) for families and I think it is something you and your readers would enjoy!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you,
Emily Patterson
epatterson@primroseschools.com