Thursday, May 24, 2007

Attempts at crawling, parts 1 and 2

Ok, this is one of those we-think-our-kid-is-so-fascinating-that-we-have-to-post-two-videos-of-him-in-one-post type of posts. He is working SO hard on crawling! He's getting pretty good at getting up on all fours and sometimes get his legs going like he wants to move forward...but his arms haven't quite gotten that memo yet. We're sure that one of these days, he'll just take off.

Also, we tried washing his comfort object, now named Friendly the Frog, today and it was a disaster. Poor Friendly still smelled like some kind of something from whatever factory made him in China (I swear it smelled like fire retardant) and finally I just couldn't take it anymore, so I threw him in the wash, even though I knew it would take Sacha's and my smells off him. I actually washed him twice, if we're being honest here. Bad move! Mateo went down with him tonight just like every night, except that tonight Friendly had lost his mojo. Mateo was inconsolable until Sacha went in and gave him a t-shirt I had been wearing earlier, at which point he conked out almost instantly. Poor little guy! We're planning to sleep with Friendly tonight and hope he can work his way back into favored status in the next few days :)

Here, without further ado, is our working-on-crawling son:



2 comments:

Briar said...

Go Mateo Go! He is so close!! Before you know it, he's going to be all over the place. So exciting! :)

Wendy and Karen said...

He is so awesome!

By the way, I just saw the "places we've breastfed" on your side bar and I love it!