Friday, May 4, 2007

Tooth!


Our little dude got his first tooth today! I put my finger into his mouth this afternoon and felt something hard under his bottom gum and realized I knew why he had been sooo cranky for the past day or so. He had just woken up from a nap, which in turn had been brought on by lots of crying and finally nursing off to sleep...so I gave him some baby Tylenol and pretty soon he was smiling and happy and babbling again.

By the time Sacha got home, the tooth had actually emerged. Just to emphasize: in the course of a few hours, it went from a lump to a tooth. Amazing. He was such a trooper. After the morning crankiness, he had a pretty mellow afternoon as the tooth was coming through his gums. I think I would have been complaining a lot more than that. I mean, those things are sharp!

Let's all cross our fingers now and collectively visualize him never, ever biting me while nursing. Or, really, anytime. He did it once with his gums and that was certainly more than enough.

********************

Mateo's Apa is coming to visit this weekend and we are all very excited. They haven't seen each other since February and Mateo has grown a lot since then. He's looking forward to showing his Apa all the new things he's learned. Also, Zenaido's throwing Mateo a fun spring party in honor of his six-month birthday and we're all looking forward to that.

It's sunny and beautiful in Portland right now and it's supposed to be nice this weekend and we are loving the lushness of the northwest in the springtime.