I was just in nursing Mateo back to sleep (after he woke up with a start) and I noticed that our kitty Rio was snoozing on the bed, which is next to M's co-sleeper. As I was sitting there pondering things, I realized that one of our kitties is almost always in there when the baby's asleep, especially at night. Things have definitely been warming up between him and them generally - particularly with Beso. Mateo just lights up when he sees him and Beso frequently consents to be "petted" (grabbed with great force, really) by the little guy.
However, I hadn't realized that the sleeping-near-him phenonmenon was quite so consistent until tonight. I think maybe they want to keep him company! It is so cute and sweet. I wonder if the cats will follow him into his own room when we transition him to sleeping in there.
Here's Beso cuddling up to a younger (and much less grabby) baby M and his mommy. I think Mateo is significantly bigger than Beso now!
No comments:
Post a Comment