Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

We had a great first Mother's Day. We had breakfast with both sets of parents this morning and exchanged cards and gifts and such. It was still a bit surreal, but fun! Sacha and Mateo gave me a set of the softest sheets - they're blue jersey knit and I loooove them. Mateo and I gave Sacha a plate with his foot and hand prints and a little message on it. Plus, there were sweet cards given and received all around, and delicious breakfast treats. We're so lucky to have such caring and loving moms (and dads!). It was a wonderful way to start off the day.

Then, this afternoon, we had a fabulous family nap. Mateo fell asleep nursing and I took him to bed and we all slept for over two hours. It was great. Great, great, great. I don't know what better gift two new moms could get than a long afternoon nap. Mateo clearly knew exactly what to get us :)

In other news, I have (yet another) plugged milk duct. Yuck. I thought I was done with them, but I guess my body had other ideas. I've been drinking lots of water and resting and putting heat on it and massaging and doing all the things you're supposed to do, so hopefully it will resolve soon. Every time this happens, I'm afraid it will turn into mastitis...but so far, I've avoided that. I hope my body will realize that free-flowing milk would be a perfect final Mother's Day gift and unclog my poor mammary gland before the end of the day.

It's my brother's birthday today and Sacha and Mateo and I are sending him lots of happy birthday wishes. Happy birthday, Galen!!

No comments: