Mateo has all but given up napping, by which I mean that he doesn't nap in his bed, but instead falls asleep on the couch every day while I'm working out in the living room. Some days, he stays awake, but mostly he falls asleep. His sister, on the other hand, always naps and she does so in her bed, in her room.
Today, neither one of them fell asleep. She chattered to herself for about an hour until Mateo decided he had to use the bathroom, which led him into her/their room, and then they were both up and around. I always tell Mateo that I don't care if he naps or not, but that naptime is still quiet time and, more importantly, it is my time to do my workout. So, he can play or read or sleep or do pretty much anything except lie there and watch me exercise. When Tali came trotting out of her room today, I decided to go with that for her, too. She could play or look at books or whatever, but no standing and gaping at the tv.
The amazing thing is, it actually worked! She and Mateo started playing together in their room and Mateo emerged periodically to say, I kid you not, "thank you for still working out, Mama!" I couldn't understand it until after I finished, when Mateo was absolutely crushed that his "special time with Natalia" was going to be over. It was just about the cutest thing ever, like all my hopes and dreams for them as siblings coming true. Ok, that might be a bit of hyperbole, but it was great to see them getting along so well and enjoying each others' company so much. With a bit of encouragement from me and Sacha, who was home by that point, they continued to play and have special time together for several more minutes, which is a lot for them.
Then, after a quick snack, we went out to see a house that we are strongly considering buying out in a nearby city. It's near the school we hope the kids will go to, near my grandma, near a lot of walkable places, which is a rarity for the suburbs, and it's a great house. We're at the point where we've made an offer (several days ago), they countered (this afternoon), we accepted (this evening)....and now we wait to see if we'll get approved for the loan and be able to close this month, because obviously things are about to get crazy with Drizzle's arrival. We weren't really planning to buy now, but we've looked at a lot of homes in that area and felt like we had to jump at this one when we found it.
We're lucky, so lucky, to have the resources to buy before selling our current house, so we won't have to work out moving a new baby, moving, and selling our house all at the same time. Instead, assuming we get the loan, we'd probably close on the new house, have the baby, get used to having the baby, move, get our house ready to sell, and hopefully put it on the market in June, when the garden is really blooming. So, we'll see where this takes us. We have our fingers crossed that it works out!
4 comments:
So exciting about the new house!!! Fingers crossed for a smooth escrow period, yay! :)
an offer on a house?! i'm so impressed by what sounds like calm. :)
Congratulations on the house!!! Wow! So wonderful and exciting. I hope everything gets approved and you can start making plans for the transitions.
Yay!
Wow. Hope everything goes well and I'm glad that you don't have to move right away with the new baby!
Post a Comment