Sunday, March 13, 2011

Massage and Music

I've tried two new things this week. First, on Wednesday I went to listen to Mister Ben, which I mentioned a few days ago. After listening to him, I signed up for my first Ukulele lesson. I tried learning guitar when I lived in Chicago. Actually, I took weekly lessons and practiced most every day. No success. I could barely play a few songs, and it really hurt my hands. Turns out guitar was not for me.

I had never considered learning the Ukulele before. For whatever reason (needing a project right now?) I thought - why not? He said that within 4 weeks, if I practiced at home, that I would be able to play simple children's songs. It has only been 4 days since my lesson. I am already able to play a number of songs.

Today, I learned to play, "Are you sleeping" with finger picking (as opposed to strumming). I'm having a ton of fun learning a new instrument. And it's a great thing to keep my mind off of the baby and the upcoming EV.

--------------------------

Massage

My friends Sheila and Caroline came over on Saturday to hang out with us. Sheila mentioned that Mayan Massage can help with aligning the uterus, and might help me out with the transverse situation. I figured, as long as it's safe, I'm up for trying anything. She gave me the names of three different certified practitioners. It turns out that the North Portland Wellness Clinic (our favorite place for everything) has one of the few practitioners in the city!

Tiffany, the massage therapist, was amazing. After 15 minutes of massaging, she was able to show me how Drizzle was transverse. It was amazing, you could totally see how she was in a diagonal position. She also showed me some gentle exercises that I can do at home. The massage was so great that I went back for another one today!

I'm not expecting that the massage will turn the baby. On the other hand, if it does help so the EV is easier, that would be great. And it can't hurt! The baby was still transverse today, but you could see that she had moved slightly more towards the center than she was the day before!

No comments: