While Sacha and her mom are having a quiet weekend at home, the kids and I are out visiting my brother in eastern Oregon. Megan again traveled with us, which was wonderful for both the company and the help with the kids. It's really cute to see how much the kids LOVE to come out here. They love Uncle Galen, they love Megan, they love his house, they love the parks around here, and they never want to leave. The parks are actually surprisingly awesome. We went to one today that was better than most Portland parks and clearly had been a huge community effort to finance and build.
And, wow!, I just got the news last night over the phone that Drizzle is going to be a March baby! We have some good friends whose daughter was born on March 27th, so maybe they will share a birthday. We are really, REALLY hoping to avoid an external version, which is where they try to turn the baby at the hospital. We're going to try a lot of the things our friend Erin tried, successfully, when her baby was transverse, and hope that little Drizzle goes head down and stays there. She has definitely been head down before, but she just doesn't stay that way. She likes to be wrapped around Mommy instead. :)
Not surprisingly, it's really starting to hit me that we are going to be having a baby, and soon! I can only hope that it will be smooth sailing and that we'll roll with the punches when it's not. I can't wait to meet little Drizzle and welcome her to our family, chaotic as it will be! Also, I'm just hoping for a smooth and relatively pain-free birth for Sacha. She sure deserves it after the last time!
Here's hoping that the baby turns like she's supposed to and that we have a few more weeks to do last minute things like, you know, buy a house, before she comes out!
1 comment:
Great to have you all out here! Thanks for the visit - I'll try to get pictures out soon.
Post a Comment