I kid you not. But, we were not doing anything illegal. We were using a Chinese herb called Moxa to help turn the baby.
This afternoon I went to acupuncture for an hour to help get the baby move to a head down position. After the appointment (and a fabulous dinner) Bubby and I spent a lovely 15 - 20 min. outside in the cold, smoking my feet. You put the moxa on the baby toe and it somehow moves the baby. While it doesn't make any sense to me, there appears to be some research showing that it can actually work. The moxa has a very potent smell, so we didn't want to do that in the house!
Before the moxa treatment, I tried doing an inversion - which had me with my knees on the couch and my head on the ground face forward. After holding that yoga like pose for a minute, I was to crawl around on the ground for two more minutes. I then did the inversion treatment again after the moxa.
So, I'll be trying this for the next few days. I did find some good news. If I have to have an external version, they have a 90% success rate with transverse babies (unlike full breech babies, where the success rate is 50 - 60%). The moxa supposedly has a 50 - 75% success rate. So, it's worth a try!
No comments:
Post a Comment