We're home! Sacha and Rosa got discharged from the hospital this morning and we made it home in time for lunch. We had some really sweet moments in the hospital, including Rosa conking out in my lap early this morning...
...and overall, we just had a great experience at Kaiser. From the midwives to the nurses to everyone else who worked there, it seemed like everyone was knowledgeable, friendly, welcoming, and just good at their jobs. We were even lucky enough to have a nurse today who helped Natalia be born two years ago and who actually remembered us from then. The midwife who delivered Rosa was amazing, as was the one before her who got Sacha to finally start active labor. It may be the post-baby euphoria, but I wanted to take them all home with us and be best friends forever with just about all of them.
Two things on our homecoming: first, Tali is absolutely 100% smitten with Rosa. She wanted to hold her, touch her, read to her, give her a binky, and generally be with her at all times. Her nurturing side came out big time! It was so sweet to see and we hope she continues to be a doting older sister as time goes on. Mateo was also thrilled to have the baby home, but possibly was even more thrilled at the Cars movie collection of cars that Rosa gave him as a homecoming gift. He was amazed that she knew that that's exactly what he wanted!
I have to admit that I (and Sacha) have caught ourselves calling her Drizzle more than once! We just got so used to calling her that that it's hard to stop now! Mateo officially declared that Rosa can be her name and Drizzle can be her nickname, which is fine for us. I'm sure it will fade over time :)
Anyway, I just wanted to say that we're home and now we're a family of five! I can't believe it. How did we get so lucky as to actually, really, truly have three children? I'm trying to savor it all, because I know this will be our last time through babyhood. And, with that, it's off to bed, because the kiddo is still a bit reversed on night and day. Here are just a few photos. Our camera died just in time for homecoming, so photos of that will come later.
4 comments:
Hi guys! Congratulations! So, so exciting! Glad to hear that you had such a positive experience with the staff at the hospital! You've definitely got your plate full right now (and what a lovely plate it is!), but if you get a chance to fill out your hospital survey and name the people who were so supportive of you, or to send a letter and cc the nurse manager, it really will make a difference. Now that I'm in the hospital world I see how important that kind of positive feedback is. It will mean so, so much to the specific people who you connected with and will contribute to a positive chain of events for them and the hospital (affecting performance reviews, promotions, the kind of people they hire in the future), etc. Of course, it also will just make them smile and feel good about forging positive connections with the next patients they serve. Your support will encourage and inspire them when they're exhausted and under-appreciated. And I must add that as a nurse, I feel exactly what you described for my patients- wanting to take them home with me to be their best friends forever. So rest assured that what you felt was most certainly mutual.
Love to all 5 (!) of you!
Oh, and how is Yarn doing with all the excitement? This is her first newborn, right? I love that she's in the first few photos of Rosa's life. Beautiful!
LOVE!!! I am so happy for you guys! Knowing that we are done having kids means I can live vicariously through my friends now. And there is NOTHING like the sweetness of that newborn period! Enjoy every minute! :)
Hooray! I love all the pictures! Rosa's doing a great job of being cute. Tell Mateo that he looks so grown up!
Post a Comment