Friday, September 24, 2010

Bookworm

This is how Mateo's been keeping himself occupied during quiet time.  Our deal is that he can sit and read or play with his toys while I do my workout (exercise video - wahoo!), and then we can play together after that.  Today, I looked over and saw him reading so peacefully and had to grab the camera.  He read nearly this entire 67-page book aloud to himself in the 45 minutes or so that I was exercising.  He only stopped because I turned off the video and, of course, that was his signal to request my attention immediately again.


 There's a story about me when I was little that we were at my grandma's house and I interrupted a conversation between my mom and my grandma to tell them that I had just finished the book I had been reading.  My grandma said something to my mom about how there's no way I could have understood that book or read it so fast or something (I've always been a fast reader), so my mom asked me about the book and I told them in detail about the plot.  I hope this doesn't sound like I'm patting myself on the back!  It just came to mind when I saw Mateo curled up with his book today.  I'm so happy that we have another bookworm on our hands!

No comments: