Thursday, September 16, 2010

All done with mommy's milk

Since I started working, Natalia has stopped nursing. For a lot of the summer she was just nursing once or twice a day. Sometimes she would want milk in the morning. Other days she would go for both the morning and after nap feeding, but the nursing time started getting shorter and shorter. And frequently, she would just want one side, and then say, "All done. Milk cup. Wanna milk cup." So, I knew that my days were probably limited.

Then I started work. For whatever reason, my starting work seems to have coincided with her saying that she no longer wants any milk from me. Honestly, although I feel a bit sad about it, she was getting to be quite the rambunctious nurser. I would rather just have cuddle time than having her kick around while somewhat nursing for 3 minutes. On the other hand, I have loved nursing her and I feel a bit sad about it ending. I thought she would nurse for a bit longer, but I guess that is not what was in store.

I think my favorite way of nursing her was in the early morning when she would cuddle up next to me in bed. On those days before school, it was a moment of feeling calm and just so happy. More than anything else, I think I will miss the early morning nursing sessions.

No comments: