Friday, August 14, 2009

Drawing

These last few weeks, Mateo has been more interested in drawing. Frequently, though, he asks me to draw stuff for him, and then he likes to draw over my drawings. This is all good and fine, and he thinks my drawings a great. . . but I must admit that some of my kindergarten students were better drawers than I am. My drawing of a pictures looks pretty close to what it did when I was in first or second grade. When I was in high school there was a teacher that was supposed to be an amazing drawing teacher, but I took pottery instead, because I was convinced that I was a bad drawer anyway, so why try.

This last week I reserved a book from the library that has very simple steps to make all sorts of animals. The book came in today, and I am not sure if Mateo or I was more excited about the book. I would let him pick out an animal, and then I would make the drawing for him. I think we were both equally excited about the whole process. And at the end of each drawing, Mateo would say, "That's pretty!" Now, that's what I call motivation!

Then, you know how I get obsessed by things and just can't stop, I looked up "draw squad" lessons online and started drawing while Alayna was working out this evening. I actually drew for a full 40 minutes. And during that time, I wasn't thinking about the upcoming school year or any of the 100 things I have been obsessing about lately. (99% work related) I was just drawing! So, while I can not say I am an artist by any stretch of the imagination, here are my very first attempts at 3D drawings.

1 comment:

rhapsody1110 said...

this is huge improvement since friday!!! lol

and thanks again for the delicious waffles.