Although the school year does not officially start till September, I had my first in-service training day today. My goal for the training was just to meet the new people at the school where I was going to be teaching. Really, that was my only goal. To start to make some connections for next year. And, since my goal was ohh soooo lofty, I can say that I accomplished my goal!
The training was decent. What it had going for it is that all of the presenters really had a great sense of humor. If I ever do trainings with adults, I hope that I can be half as humorous as they were!
What I will never, ever, get is why trainers seem to forget their point when they are talking. Shouldn't they be modeling what they are preaching? All five people that talked focused on two things: building relationships with people and having your students involved. All of this happened over 6 hours. How many times, over the first 5 hours, were we asked to participate by talking with a partner? One time! It is somewhat hard to build a relationship if you can't talk with the person next to you. Lol.
Thankfully the last presenter was engaging and actually had us talk with each other. And over the course of lunch I also talked with my new colleagues. So, overall it was a good day.
It seems like Alayna also had a great day with the kids and after we got home we had swimming lessons at the local public pool. We have a great teacher this year who has us singing songs, and doing all sorts of activities with the kids in the water!
No comments:
Post a Comment