On that theme, yesterday we made applesauce and then canned it. Mateo helped with washing the apples and Natalia...well, she helped with pilfering fruit from the fruit bowl, which we had put close to the ground to make more room on the counter, and eating as much of it as she could. She took (and consumed) two whole nectarines and a plum, and possibly more. At one point, I realized she had disappeared and so I went looking for her. I found her at the front door, on the far side of the house from the kitchen, noshing on a whole nectarine. She had taken it from the kitchen and toddled away to eat in privacy. She looked as guilty as a one-year-old can, which is not at all! (Here she is, after I returned her to the kitchen...notice the nectarine still in her clutches):
We're enjoying our last weekend of vacation before Sacha goes back to work. We have some pears ripening in the kitchen - our last canning project of the season - and a whole day of no plans at all tomorrow. Recipe for a great weekend, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment