Both children have had interesting new things that they have been doing. Natalia has finally seemed to gotten the concept of pointing! It started that when I would nurse her I would do things to keep her interested in nursing, like signing milk, clapping, giving her five or pointing to parts of my body and saying what I was pointing to. (Nose, eyes mouth etc.) She seemed to really like the pointing, and two days ago started pointing herself. Now, it seems like she points at everything!
Some of her favorite things to point at are some pictures we have of her Bubby, Papa, Grammy and Grandpa. She also likes pointing at a balloon that was in one of the hospital pictures when Mateo was born, and Te Te as a baby. Outside of pointing, her favorite signs these days are "baby" and "sign." She more frequently says baby, but she also can do the sign for sign.
Mateo has made some interesting leaps in Spanish. Ever since he went to the Aprende con amigos summer camp for three days, I have noticed that he is much more interested in talking in Spanish. I know that it has been shown that whatever language adults speak in a school setting tends to be what kids what to emmulate, but it has an interesting difference to see. Obviously he can say way more in English, but when I am talking to him in Spanish he seems to try to say more things back to be in Spanish.
And . . . he read his first sentence in Spanish today! Mama va a la casa. (Mom goes to the house) Then, he had a wonderful time drawing with markers his picture of Mama at the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment