Now, by all different accounts, I am officially full-term. Some places count you as full term at 37 weeks, other places 37 weeks and 6 days, other places 38 weeks. Anyway, no matter how you count it, I am full term.
The stats would say that I have a 90% chance of going into labor in the next 3 weeks. It sounds like with the new dating, I have less than a two percent chance of actually having to wait a full four weeks, or a 98% chance of us having the baby within four weeks. If I hit that point, I think that induction is the name of the game. (Hopefully that won't happen. . . for all sorts of reasons.)
I was looking back on when Alayna was 37 or 38 weeks, and that weekend we finished cooking 30 freezer meals. Wow. We aren't doing that these days, but we also didn't have our love Mateo running us around the house, getting us up at 5:45am!
What we did today, though, was get screen doors. Mateo had quite the time while we were shopping (Alayna described him as crazed. We were the parents of the child you didn't want to be near, child wailing on the floor, running up and down the aisles, with the assistant who had only worked for three months and had to place the order two times, call over the manager to learn how to work the computer etc. You get the idea. Add the that that as Alayna was chasing Mateo the sales rep didn't realize we were related and he started going off about how some people just don't have control of their children bla bla bla. He clearly had never had children and Mateo was actually not that bad. If it hadn't taken him over thirty minutes to place the silly order, things never would have gotten that bad!)
We are having a storm door put in the front of the house. It will be air tight, so as to not have the nasty draft we currently have during the winter. And the glass pops out and turns into a screen door during the summer. For the back of the house we bought a sliding screen door that we are going to attempt to install.
We had been looking for a labor project. I wasn't too into baking a cake, so how about installing a screen door? Good labor project? Ha. Ha. We will see. Hopefully we finish it before I go into labor.
Here is another picture from 38 weeks.
2 comments:
I'm so impressed with all the things you've gotten done recently. Come on over to my house, will ya?
BTW, beautiful picture of the two of you!
Ok, I've started obsessively checking your blog to see if there's any progress! That little girl is going to be here so soon- YAY! :) :)
Post a Comment