Saturday, January 27, 2007

Mateo discovers his chompers

Early this morning, Mateo and I were up around 6 am and having a nice time nursing. He had just drifted off to sleep and I slipped a finger into his mouth to break the suction so I could pick him up and pat his back. I guess he didn't like that, because instead of letting go, he chomped right down! He BIT me! I loudly stage-whispered "OW! Mateo, please don't bite me!" but he was still asleep and I don't think he's understanding much in terms of verbal communication these days anyway. I'm hoping that this won't be an issue we have to work on once he starts getting teeth. Let me just say that the kid sure has a strong jaw. He made up for it by snuggling with me for a couple of hours before waking up for good for the day.

In other news, Sacha, who had been sick with a 100 degree fever all day yesterday, woke up this morning feeling a lot better. Her fever seems to have broken and she's just feeling tired instead of sick. We're hoping the weekend will give her a chance to recover before we leave for Cancun on Monday. We hope the same thing for my poor dad, who is down for the count with the stomach flu. I still remember morning sickness rather well and am so sorry that my dad is having to suffer through a similar thing. :(

Here are a couple of photos from this morning when Mateo was helping his mommy get over her sickness....


...as well as one of him with his cousin (we're calling her his aunt, which seems more appropriate!) Rachel. She was holding Mateo and Beso, one of our kitties, decided he just had to be in on the action.

Also, I'm hoping to scan in some photos of our trip to my grandmommy's house the other night. She and Mateo had a wonderful time "chatting" and we took quite a few photos with her camera. She is so sweet with him and we're really glad that they're getting to know each other!

No comments: