Friday, January 19, 2007

Aprendiendo español

As we have mentioned earlier, Alayna and I would like to be able to talk in Spanish with Mateo, and so we are both working on improving our skills. Alayna is taking a Spanish class at the local community college, which I think is going well.

I've been wanting to take a Spanish class that focuses on grammar, but hadn't been able to find anything. And then I found out that you can have tutoring using a webcam via the internet! So, I started taking lessons from Guatemala at a place called SpeakShop. It's pretty amazing. I had my third lesson today, and I am learning so much.

I feel really high tech talking on a headphone and using a webcam to take Spanish lessons. But, this has also opened up more possibilities . . . like we can now talk with the webcam to Zenaido:) I think that I going to be wonderful when Mateo gets a little older. Anyway, I am excited about the webcam and Skype. What an amazing thing the internet is.

No comments: