I should back up to tell you about our somewhat short history with baby carriers. Sacha and I have tried a couple of different front carriers for Mateo. First, we tried the Ergo with infant insert. We think the Ergo will be absolutely fabulous when our little guy is bigger, but the infant insert is awkward to use and Mateo never seems to be quite in it right. Then we tried the Baby Bjorn. He likes this one if we're moving around, but really doesn't deal very well with standing still or sitting down in it.
Then, yesterday, I went to a Baby and Me group at the hospital down the street and there was a speaker on babywearing. This is the school of thought that infants do best with a lot of contact with their parents. The speaker demonstrated tons of different slings and wraps and other new ways to carry your baby around. We actually have a whole bag of different types of these things that our neighbors lent us, but we hadn't tried them out.
When I got home from the group, I was all motivated and Sacha and I tried out the most intimidating-looking carrier: the Moby wrap. It's just one looooong piece of fabric that you wrap around you in various ways and then insert the baby. It comes with a book of instructions and photos that was way too complicated to deal with while we were in the fog of the first few weeks. However, yesterday we got it! And, the best part is that Mateo loves it. He will hang out contentedly in the Moby for much longer (ie, hours) than he ever would in the Bjorn, and now has enough head control to face out as well as in. It's perfect for right now.


************************************
Secondly, Mateo is a growing boy! He weighed in today at 13.5 pounds and almost 24 inches, which is wonderful. He's healthy and beautiful and such a pleasure to be with. He also got checked out again for thrush, because Sacha and I thought we saw some more white stripes in his mouth. Thankfully, we were wrong. He's fine. No thrush. Now if his mama could just manage to kick it...
****************************************************
Here are some cute photos from the past few days. He sometimes loves to play with his mirror and goo at that other baby who always seems to be there. And, he seems to enjoy being in his crib in general. It's a happy place!

1 comment:
Im glad you love your moby ;-) I love the sienna color of yours.
Post a Comment