Friday, January 5, 2007

Cloth Diapers

We started using cloth diapers earlier this week, and I wanted to sing the praises of the switch.

  1. We are buying less disposables and putting less waste into the planet!
  2. They are really easy to put on, because the diaper covers have Velcro.
  3. Babies with cloth diapers toilet train a whole year earlier than babies in disposables.
  4. They are super cute.
  5. Mateo's diaper rash is 100 times better with the cloth diapers. I thought it would make the rash worst, which was why we were holding off on trying, but it has actually gotten better.
  6. They are actually really easy to wash - just throw in the wash with vinegar and an extra rinse and then dry for 60 minutes.
  7. They are softer than disposables.
We are using disposable for the night time, and when we got out, for the most part are using cloth diapers. I thought that was the last thing in the world I would want to use, but it's been really fun to switch over, and I think we both feel good about the change.

No comments: