Now that Mateo is a bit older, we can do some more involved art projects. We received this great book of art projects when Rosa was born and are trying out different ideas. Today, we created a shoulder bag.
The project started by buying tape from a painting store. We bought some different colors of painters tape: blue, light green, dark green and white. Then my mom gave us two priority envelopes. We sealed both envelopes and then cut open the hole on the top.
Next, Mateo and I rolled out tape in circles around the bag. Then Rosa needed to nurse, so Alayna continued. Then Rosa went to the Dr. for her very first shots (poor girl) and we continued to work on the bag.
Finally, here is the finished product.
We already updated in another post, but she is doing great - healthy in all regards. I think Alayna posted the exact stats:) Alayna loves the Dr. visits, and so I gave her some pumped milk and off they went. I think she really likes seeing how much she has grown and everything. I don't find them the most enjoyable myself, so I stayed home with the napping Natalia and Mateo.
Other things that we are doing these days. . . I continue to play the Ukulele. I am now playing a lot of Under the Sea by request of Mateo. Natalia still loves Jamaica Farewell and would have me play that song non-stop most days if she could get me to do that!
Mateo is doing Reading Comprehension with headsprout and loving it. Natalia is on the fourth lesson of Headsprout Basics and can now read "see" and "van." We don't do it daily, just when she requests to do a lesson with me.
I'm continuing to teach graduate classes through Luria Learning for teachers while on maternity leave. May has been a popular month for the classes! Also, we are still in short sale limbo with the house that we made an offer on about a month ago. The bank suddenly decided that the market has gone up by 15% in the last few months, so the drama continues. (Have they read any newspapers lately?) Generally, though, life is good and busy.
I am also going on some interviews for next year. I have a position, but might be transferring schools. . .
And - last but not least, I love seeing Alayna and the baby! Here is a picture from today.
1 comment:
You guys all look so great. I can't wait to see you this weekend!
Post a Comment