I am working on losing the pregnancy weight. My goal is to lose an average of 0.5 lbs every week. I'm 15 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight, so at this rate, I'll get there in another 30 weeks. Rosa will be 42 weeks old, and so I'll be fairly even. I will have gained the weight in 40ish weeks and lost it in 40ish weeks.
Well, at least that's the plan.
Everything was going well for a while. Some weeks I lost a bit more, some weeks I lost a bit less. Overall, though, I was averaging 0.5 and keeping below the line. I made a graph that showed what I should be at the end of each week.
Then, two weeks ago, I didn't make my goal. I was close, but 0.2 lbs. over my goal weight. On one hand, not a big deal, but on the other hand . . . it is easy for me to slide and then be back at square one.
I decided to sign up for an account at www.stickK.com. Basically, I made a commitment that I would lose 0.5 lbs a week. And if I didn't . . . I would give my money to an anti-charity. (Any charity that I don't support). I chose Bush's presidential library to be my anti-charity.
If I didn't lose 0.5 lbs during the week, at my weigh in I would enter my weight and stickK would send the money to Bush. Because of this, on Wednesday on our date night, I was eating a Sundae. I was full, but really wanted to eat more. I took a few more bites, and then I thought about Bush.
No way was I going to let him get my money! I didn't think I could stop myself from eating the Sundae, so I poured my water all over the end of it! And . . . I made my weight. I am doing the Bush commitment for three more weeks and tomorrow is my next weigh-in. Wish me luck.
3 comments:
Omigod. I love this. What a great idea! Good luck.
LOL. This is one of the funniest motivations I have heard of... I really like it though!
That's a great idea! Best of luck in getting the pounds off. I know you can do it!
Post a Comment