We are lucky enough to live in a state that puts the domestic partner automatically onto a child's birth certificate. That wasn't true when Mateo was born, but it has been for Tali and Rosa. However, we've gone forward with legal second parent adoptions anyway, just to make it legally official outside state lines. You can do this, via your lawyer, through the mail, but we've always opted for the ceremony with the judge when the final paperwork gets signed. We figure, we're paying through the nose for this and since we have to do it, might as well celebrate it! So, we had Rosa's adoption ceremony on Friday. Sacha's mom was here for the weekend, so she came along and then we all went out to breakfast afterwards. It's weird to adopt your own child, but I'm mostly just thankful for the opportunity.
The judge also told us that we were helping her set a personal record, as we've had her for all three kids and she's never had a family come back three times! Here are some photos.
2 comments:
Love it! I have to say that the moment I read that you'd had Rosa's adoption ceremony, I was curious to see if you'd gotten the same judge again. And you did! Not that it really makes any difference in the grand scheme of things, but it is so cool that this woman has played a role in everyone's life. I just think it's neat!
And... I hope Sacha is feeling better, and soon!!!
That's so great! And the pictures are wonderful.
Post a Comment