Monday, August 30, 2010

Additions

We've been waking up at night to find Mateo in bed with us.  Or, rather, I've been waking up tightly sandwiched between my wife on one side and my little boy on the other.  This has led to some rather painful neck/back contortions during my sleep, but nothing too serious :)  Unfortunately, we've both been too tired to go through the process of getting him back to sleep in his own room, and he thrashes around too much in our bed...so I have been spending about half the night scrunched in his twin bed with him.  I know this isn't a good habit to start, especially because neither one of us sleeps especially well, but I dread the thought of establishing good sleep habits with him AGAIN.  Seriously, is this ever going to stop?  Things were going along swimmingly for quite awhile and now we have to contend with going through the whole bedtime routine at 3 am for probably at least a week.  It could take an hour for him to get back to sleep on his own, and the running out of his room and crying and all that could end up waking up Natalia, too.  Ugh.  I keep hoping this will magically solve itself, and then there he is again, in our bed, in the middle of the night.

Talia, meanwhile, knows very well that Sacha is about to go back to work and has become Mommy's little koala bear.  She wants Mommy's milk all the time and wants to be with Mommy or talk about Mommy all the time.  I hope the work transition isn't too hard on her.

And, finally, speaking of additions, our new tree is in!  It's already changing fall colors and it looks great.  Our front yard looks so much better, we think, without that old dead tree in it and with the new one in its place!

Sacha starts work tomorrow and starts teaching students a week from tomorrow.  Mateo starts preschool a week from tomorrow.  We're hoping for a great school year for both of them! 

1 comment:

Wendy and Karen said...

Lots of changes! Good Luck Sacha! Good Luck Mateo!