With the help of our friends, Katie and Cathy, we went to the next level of canning today. Well, they were the ones who did most of it, but we learned a lot along the way. They arrived with five recipes already prepped, including a chutney, green beans with dill, an incredible recipe involving grapes, and two more that I can't remember. Even more amazingly, the whole thing, including cleanup, was done in five hours! I missed a lot of it, because I took our squirrelly kids out to the park and then to a coffee shop after they got stir-crazy, but the results look amazing. I can't wait to try each one out!
Here are two of the recipes being tended to:
The all-knowing pickling book!:
Prepped ingredients, ready to go:
The most important ingredient - our portable air conditioner!:
Katie, Mateo, and Cathy with the finished products:
So pretty!
No comments:
Post a Comment