First, a big happy birthday to my mom! Happy birthday, Mom! We'll have to celebrate with you when we get back.
*****************
After the kids got up yesterday, we wandered down to the main plaza to get some ice cream and just check it out. We had our ice cream and then just did a whole lot of people watching. We found the centro cultural, which has quite a busy schedule...
and we climbed all over Mommy....
and we watched a big band get ready to play a set that night.
This morning, we got up and went back to the ex-pat community center, where they were having a talk by the Red Cross. We mostly wandered around the grounds during the talk, having been promised a tour of the fire truck after it was over. I caught some snippets of the presentation, though, and I have to say that I would be a bit worried if I were of retirement age and living here. There's only one ambulance for the two closest towns, so you could wait more than 20 or 30 minutes in an emergency, and they just can't afford some things we take for granted, like that stroke medicine that has to be administered within 30 minutes. I hope the presentation raised them some money, because it sure sounded as if they could use it!
Anyway, like I said, we did some wandering, which included looking at the koi in a pond (Tali is signing "fish")...
and throwing rocks at a painted rock in the lake.
Then, we got to check out the equipment, and Sacha and the kids got to sit in the fire truck! Talia only lasted a few minutes, but Mateo loved it.
Then, on the way back, we walked along the road by the lake and found a real, live turtle! It was stuck right next to a wall that divided the road from the lake/marsh area, so I very carefully picked it up and put it back on the lake side of the wall. It was pretty neat.
Now we're back at the house and everyone is sleeping except for me. I had a great workout in our hosts' pool and now am just relaxing before the kids are up again. I think we're planning to spend most of the rest of the afternoon just splashing in the pool and laying low. The kids have been troopers, but they need a quiet afternoon without any more exploring for today, I think.
I will close with this photo that Tali insisted I take this morning. She and Mateo are wrapped up like baby burritos, which is what we do with them after their baths, and she really wanted Megan to see her wrapped up like a burrito. So, here she is!
3 comments:
What a great series of adventures :) And great photos to share along with them :) Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us :)
Aww. So cute. Looks like you're all having a great time!
I love it! Especially the baby burrito! :)
Post a Comment