Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sleep deprivation and Praxis tests

For my job next year . . . (yes I have a job next year!!!), I had to take (not pass) the Praxis II Spanish test. This is a test designed for people that are going to be teaching middle school and high school Spanish, but for my job next year working as a reading specialist for Spanish speaking students they had me take this test.

It should be interesting to see how I did. Here are some of the mistakes I know I made, but was able to correct.
  1. I forgot my social security number.
  2. I remembered it, but bubbled the numbers incorrectly, somehow filling in zeros for the ones etc.
  3. I completely forgot to bubble in the test code form. I noticed this when I glanced over, before the test started, at my neighbor, and noticed that her form looked different . . . oops.
  4. Then there was the interesting mistake I made while we were driving. It made sense at the time. We were at exit number 254, and I thought . . . wow - Portland is around 300, so we just have six more miles to go. In my sleepy state it made sense that if there are 60 minutes in an hour, 260 was the same as 300. . .
So, if I actually passed the test, it is a miracle. Actually, it is a win/win situation. If I pass, I must really be fluent in Spanish. If I didn't pass, clearly I was sleep deprived and not in a normal state of mind!

2 comments:

Wendy and Karen said...

I'm so glad that you made it there and back safely and that you passed the test! Congratulations!

The Lone Coyote said...

Cuando esta cansada es dificil para pensar... pero, felicitaciones!

I've been catching up on your blog after a long hiatus and enjoying all of the pictures and stories. Hope to talk to you soon :)