The home lactation consultant was worth every penny we paid her and more. She looked nothing at all like what I expected - I was picturing a comforting and perfumed older woman and in her place walked in a gum-chewing, fast-talking, supremely confident professional - but she was awesome. She got Natalia to latch and feed and then helped Sacha learn how to do it. Her big thing was to only hold the baby's back and let them control their head and neck, which is not what anyone else has ever advocated to us, but it works really well with this baby.
She spent two hours at our house and by the time she left, Sacha had fed Natalia three times and latched her on all by herself several times. I was a little nervous about what the night would bring, but it's worked every time she's nursed since last night. Amazing! We all feel sooo much better about how things are going. And Natalia seems happier, too. She's been more alert when she's awake and doing better at waking herself up for feedings. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment