Monday, March 10, 2008

The wonders of soap

One of the many things I have experienced this pregnancy has been the wonders of restless legs. I started having restless legs issues pretty soon after we found out that I was pregnant.

Things we have tried:
  1. Getting my iron levels checked (They looked ok)
  2. Taking more iron anyway (helped for a few nights, but then they just started getting worse)
  3. Taking more calcium at night (not too helpful)
  4. Doing exercises on my back before bed (maybe slightly helpful, but now I can't be on my back to do exercises)
  5. Stretching in the hot tub (the heat turns out to make my restless legs worse!)
  6. Stretching after they start in bed (slightly helpful)
  7. Having A sleep on the couch (sad, sad, sad and doesn't solve the problem)
So, two weeks ago, A was looking online and found out about soap. All of these people claimed that putting a bar of soap under the sheets stopped or decreased their restless legs. I was skeptical to say the least. Actually, I thought it was completely crazy.

And, I was willing to try just about anything to get a decent night sleep.

Don't ask me why, but it works! The restless legs are not completely gone, but they are totally manageable. I love soap! A loves soap! We all love soap!

1 comment:

Briar said...

That is beyond bizarre... but I'm glad it worked, at least somewhat! :)